Less than a week away from our 2017 new year’s resolutions, and the realities of life are making our goals feel like next year’s problem. Now is the time to refocus on our “Why” goals, and give ourselves every tool we need to succeed. Here are 5 tips to maintain your optimal health and wellness. Check it out!
1. Drink More Water
Mark your bottle – find out how much water you should be drinking and divide that by the amount of hours you are awake. That way you have small goals throughout the day to keep you on track.
- Infuse– Fruits, veggies, and even herbs are a great way to keep your water interesting.
- Buy a new bottle– if it will motivate you to drink more, invest in a bottle you really love.
- Always keep it near– if you have it on hand, you’ll find yourself sipping at it without thinking about it.
- Keep it alkaline– Quality is just as important as quantity. Mineral-rich, alkaline water will help your body absorb all that hydrating goodness. The high mineral content will also boost your body’s reserves, giving it the resources it needs to defend itself against diseases.
2. Eat Small Frequent Meals
Studies have shown that eating 5 small meals a day:
- Sustains energy by maintaining steady blood sugar levels through the day.
- Speeds up the metabolism.
- Keeps you from overeating at meals by making you feel fuller for longer.
- Limits unplanned, unhealthy snacking.
3. Plan Your Meals
- Make a meal plan of foods you like to eat– this will make sure you stay on track without getting bored.
- Make a list– write down your grocery list before you go to the store. This will keep you from making impulse buys, and limit the number of trips you make.
- It’s important to get in your daily dose of exercise, but not everyone has opportunity and privilege to spend an hour at the gym every day. While getting, a full workout would be best, it isn’t your only option. Just get moving. Take the stairs instead of the escalator; park your car as far away from the entrance as possible; take a couple walks around the block, that way if you need to stop, you’re still at home. Whatever it is, find ways to fit it into your already existing routine.
5. 80/20 Rule
Moderation is key. If you are constantly trying to be 100% good, you will burn out and binge on everything you deprived yourself of, for however long you were able to make it. Instead, commit to being good 80% of the time and allow yourself 20% of the foods you really love. In order to succeed, you need to find things that make being healthy, sustainable. Find the things that work for you. You know what your limitations are, so tailor your healthy lifestyle to yourself. These are just a few ways to make sure you stay on track. Remember what you deserve! YOU CAN DO THIS!!